12.11.2007

Prayers That Keep It Real: Prayer

Prayers That Keep It Real for: Prayer


Kimberly's Comments: I love prayer. It entangles me in God. It is a place where I am safe and can be my safe. It is a position that I love before God. It humbles me. It breaks me. It exposes me. It shows me who I am. It breaks me. It quiets me.  It is my refuge. My safety. My comfort. Today, I hope that you will be able to start talking to Daddy, Savior, Redeemer, Provider, King, Lord because He wants to be close to you. 

 

Real Talk: Serenity. Belief. Daily. At all times. Friend. Comfort. Secrets. Sanity. Laugh. Smile. Happy. Discipline. Listen. Quiet. Still. Meditation. Song. Worship. Correction. Obedience. Safe.

 

 

Prayer is my outlet. My way of escape, I run into God at this place of refuge. He talks to me and gives me pointers for life. He embraces my flaws and gets me in line when I drift away on my own. He assures me that I am safe with Him.

 

I am in love with Him. I trust Him with my life. He listens to me and I listen to Him. He gives me food for thought so that I can grow. Sometimes, I obey and sometimes I don’t. That’s when he spanks me. Being the gentlemen that He is, he allows me to become lost. And he rears me back in and I see that I am nothing without Him.

 

I appreciate His company. He is my best friend. He puts the mirror in my face so that I can always have a sane estimate of where I am in life. But, He also comforts me and assures me that the puzzle pieces to my life are going to all come together. He is truly the man!

 

Meditation is my honor to Him. I chat with Him. I ask for favors for my friends and family. I flirt with Him through songs and worship. I get lost in Him. I give Him permission to crowd my personal space. I misplace my snobby ways and I surrender all of me to Him.  I began to see different sides of Him that I didn’t know I exist. He infatuates me. 

 

My eyes strain to see what He is going to do next. I am attached to Him. He is my map. He stretches me beyond what I thought I could ever go. He challenges me. He keeps me. He wraps Himself around me. I hunger for Him and he feeds me. He brings me to my knees. 

COPYWRITTEN 2007 (Please do not copy material unless authorized by author)

5 comments:

Joy Akut said...

thats so sweet...i'm getting there(hope), to that place of absolutely comfort with daddy, the place where u are.

hope u're good?

Allied said...

Prayer is the key
Prayer is the master key
Jesus started with Prayer
and ended with Prayer
Prayer is the master key.

Loved it

Tasha said...

I absolutely loved this. Prayer has gotten me from a really bad place within myself to a really great place with Him.

Just beautiful

Anonymous said...

hi kim, thank you for your kind comments on my blog. hope everything is well with you.

KimPossible said...

Fantasy Queen: That is great fantasy queen. All you have to have is an open heart and be willing to be vulnerable with Him. He wants to be as close to you as you want to be with Him. He wants you to find that intimate place with Him because He wants you to find comfort there and He wants to share things with you. Yes, I am good. It is ALWAYS good to hear from you.

Allied: Ahhh...yes. I love your comment.

Tasha: That is a beautiful thing girl. Thanks for dropping by.

Pia: My Pia, Mia! How are you honey bunch? I am glad you dropped by. How are things with the hubby?