12.12.2007

Prayers That Keep It Real for: People Holding Bitterness

Prayers That Keep It Real for: People Holding Bitterness

 


Real Talk: Are you mad at someone for something they said or did to you six months ago, a year ago, 5 years ago, 10 years ago. If so, you need to get over it. Not to say that what you are mad at wasn’t hurtful or isn’t legitimate. But, do you know how much of life you have missed out on? Do you understand that the very thing you have been praying to God about has not come because you haven’t forgiven the other person? Have you blocked out your bitterness and convinced yourself you are not bitter that it’s the other person with the issue? Check this out. Hopefully, this will open your eyes and be the beginning of a healing process for you.

 

Bitterness immersed my soul and took over. Before I knew it, I was eating from a bitter cup. I was lingering in my own world of hate. Despising the people who have hurt me deeply. They should be punished for what they said and did to me. I have a right to hoard these feelings inside of me. After all I am the victim here.

 

I tend to like drama in my life anyway. I like to pick people off one by one. If you do something I don’t like you will immediately go on my black list. I will scratch you out of my life forever. It will be as if you never existed. You won’t ever have a second chance with me because I don’t have time for your petty games. I am above you. So, I will continually convince myself that you are the one who should live in misery.

 

So what if I isolate myself from you and others. Yes, I love to be alone because it is my protection and defense from you. I am focused and I don’t need you in my life trying to tell me the truth disrupting me. I don’t want to deal with my issues because it’s easier for me to make my case to others about your issues. I have brought you up in so many conversations because I wanted to make sure other’s heard my side of the story first.

 

You have wounded me and only God can open my heart to you. God may give me second chances but I’m not trying to give you one.

COPYWRITTEN 2007 (PLEASE DO NOT COPY  OR DISTRIBUTE THIS PRAYER UNLESS AUTHORIZED BY AUTHOR)

11 comments:

Ms. emmotions said...

its easier to luv than hate, u put in a lot trying to isolate and hate people than u do luving them.
nice one dear

fuzzy said...

I have learned to let things go a long time ago... I do have to keep reminding myself to continue to let go. Its unhealthy to hold the lot of all the grudges you can hold for one or many...

Joy Akut said...

sometimes we as humans would rather hold a grudge rather than admit a fault or try to right a wrong...it feels like its the easiest and right thing to to, we just drag that grudge on for months and end up forgetting what its all about, although we still fume...

letting go is the easiest thing to do, if only we wold let our pride realise that...

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi KImPossible,
Whenever we pray the Lord's prayer, we utter the words "forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sinned against us." The Lord said that if we cannot forgive the sins of others to us, neither will our sins be forgiven in heaven. It's as simple as that. We must forgive even though we don't feel like it. The Holy Spirit will effect the actual feelings of forgiveness if we persist in our efforts to forgive those who offended us. And let us pray for for them so that the Lord will correct whatever faults or weaknesses they still have. That's the Christian way. Thanks for the post. God bless and have a wonderful and peaceful day.

KimPossible said...

Ms. Emmotions: You are so right. Sometimes, if we could just get to the root of our issues we would truly see ourselves. It is so not worth holding on to stuff. Thanks for blessing my page with your presence. Keep coming back.

Fuzzy: You are so right. It is unhealthy. It is such a waste of time. Really, we are using bitterness as an excuse to justify staying in our own funk. Thanks for dropping by stay in touch.

Fantasy Queen: Hey Mami. It is so good to hear from you as always. Yes, you are so right. It is amazing how long we can hold on to stuff. Is it really worth it? I don't think so.

Mel Avila Alarila: Thank you so much for dropping by. It is so simple but sometimes we like to stay in a funk and be mad. Such a waste of time and so ugly. The funny thing is that when someone doesn't forgive us we can't understand why. We need to be careful, because where we are holding a grudge with someone today we may need mercy tomorrow. What you sow you reap.

the walking man said...

Foregiveness is the very core of peace.

Peace

mark

KimPossible said...

The Walking Man: YES! You hit the nail right on the head. Thank you for always dropping by Mark. Have a fantabulous weekend!
KimPossible

Nikita T. Mitchell said...

this is an interesting one. I guess i've never thought of what types of bitterness I've held in over my life. i can't think of any right now but I know at various points in my life I've felt that way. I was watching a movie called American History X last night (and "studying" at the same time lol). Its a movie about a young man who was involved in a neo-Nazi gang who goes to jail and comes back transformed. He is now trying to get his little brother off of the path he was on. There is a quote at the end. the younger brother says: "Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it." And it doesn't get any realer than that, you know? It's just easier said than done.

Shai said...

This is one of my hardest lessons, learning to forgive. Whew!

Good post.

KimPossible said...

@Mademoiselle M: That quote from the movie was on point. Holding bitterness is such a waste of time.

@Shai: It is a hard lesson. Because the funny thing is that if we are reluctant to forgive someone, somebody else will be reluctant to forgive us. And when it comes back around to us it hurts really bad. Thanks for dropping by. Keep in touch.

KimPossible

Sister P said...

I have a situation where I believe I have forgiven someone but I haven't forgotten and now I don't like them. It's my SIL so I have to see her but when she calls I don't want to small talk b/c I don't like it when people bring back up stuff and criticize me for things I said years ago. So, I'm asking...do you think that I haven't forgiven her if I don't give her the opportunity to hurt me the same way again? Does forgiveness = trust? Just asking...