12.06.2007

Prayers That Keep It Real: For Brittany Spears

Britney-Spears-ps04.jpg


Writing Scenario: I wrote this prayer for Brittany as she was in the thick of the media. When she first lost custody of her children. A lot of times the celebrity can become obsessed with the attention from the Paparazzi's and in return it appears as if the Paparazzi's become obsessed with the MONEY that celebrity picture can get them. It's all greed for them. But, in return the celebrity ends up suffering the most because it breaks them down.  Even though I wrote this poem for Brittany maybe you know someone that this poem can touch. Maybe you have felt like you wanted to call it quits and give up on life. Maybe you have gotten caught up in being popular but you are really empty or unsure of yourself on the inside. If you know someone like this or this is you. I hope you dig this prayer.

From Brittany’s Eyes

Death has clutched me. I can’t see where I am going. I have made a connection with the devil. He is feeding me thoughts of suicide. My life is bankrupt. I am a burden to myself. I don’t even like me. I constantly day dream of dying and I have become one with those thoughts. I have accepted that I am trash and I have messed my life over.

 

My heart is moaning with pain. The pain gets so loud that it brings out my maniac. It makes me lose myself. It burdens me and my eyes become limp with tears. My mind is constantly in agony. My soul is cluttered and in distress. I am in a dark place. I have given demons permission to torture me. I am warped for good. I took it too far. I didn’t know how to stop it. And now I sit in a lonely place in my psyche. I wrestle with the devil everyday. So, far he is winning.

 

I am in my own cult. I have shut my family and friends out because truth has made me drowsy. I want to do it my way, damn it! Drinking, drugs, sex, it all gives me a temporary satisfaction. It gives me the illusion of happiness. But, when I wake up from it all, I still have a bond with the devil and he has turned me out. No one understands me. So, I isolate myself hoping for one glimpse of light. Hoping to find the core of my handicap. I want the few people around me to get me out of this hole. But they are lost in my world. They need someone to pull them out.

 

The media has been my adversary. It has made me an ass in front of the entire world. It laughs at me and it wants the next best story. If they don’t back off of me, I am going to do it. I am going to end this once and for all. That will be a great story for them to write and a nice six-figure check in their pockets. I am the next Anna Nicole. She slipped away and I am kissing the same demons she did. I can smell her, she is near, some one catch me!

 

If there is a God, I summons you. I am a basket case. My life has crashed right before my eyes and I am too weak and sick to pick up the pieces. You have brought me to rock bottom. You can’t possibly care about me. The world is scrutinizing me and I am under their microscope. I can’t defend myself because I am lost. If you are all of that then answer my mothers prayers that she has prayed for me. Pray for me because I am not pure. I am bruised. My heart is bleeding and the pain is stern. Am I going to ever come to or am I going to expire myself?  Do something because I can’t!

COPYWRITTEN 2007

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so beautiful that you offer prayers for these folks. "The fervent effectual prayer of the righteous availeth much."

I popped in because I saw a comment you made on another blog about your holiday plans. Gurl lemme tell you. 2-3 years ago, I thought it would be a great idea to go to Disney for New Year's Eve.

There were SO MANY PEOPLE THERE YOU COULDN'T STIR A STICK (as my Big Mama used to say). You may or may not be ready for that, but if you aren't GET READY! Hope you and yours have a blast!

Jazzy said...

lol@Sojourner!!!

Personally I think Brit needs to seriously think about going back in to rehab.

Unknown said...

I LOVE the blog! I am one of those people who is currently struggling with what spirituality means to me, so to see someone talk to God frankly and with realness is so refreshing. I recently separated myself from organized religion because I felt like I couldn't be ME within that kind of structure, but since then, it's been tough for me to communicate with God. I'm so used to doing it within the structure of Christianity that it feels weird to just wing it. Keep these posts coming. They definitely help people like me!

Icey said...

She is a classic case of money not buying happiness...I hope your prayer availeth much!

Unknown said...

What a good thing it is when people pray for those in dire trouble instead of condemning them. Way to go on this one! Keep up the good work.

African girl, American world said...

hey Miss Lady :)

1969 said...

Thank you for the great comment you left. I plan to visit more often.

Anyone praying for Ms. Spears has to have a good heart. Lord knows she needs it!

heiresschild said...

i was looking at shows you watch. i love the unit. i like tyra banks and watch her show sometimes too. she's funny and down-to-earth; that's why i really like her. ok, now i'm going back and read your post. -- sylvia

Tasha said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm loving what you have going on over here.

Britney needs lots of prayer and love. Hopefully she'll get it together, if not for her at least for the sake of her kids.

KimPossible said...

Sojourner G: Thanks so much for stopping by my spot. LOL! LOL! LOL! GIrl, hmmm...you are giving me 2nd thoughts about going. We really want to have fun but we want a little peace and quiet. We were planning to go to a NICE resort in Charlotte, NC and I think we may just do that. Because that is way too many people..."So many people there you couldn't stir a stick" HILARIOUS!!!!

Opinionated Diva: Yes, I agree. She definitely needs to go back to rehab. I also feel like she needs to hire a driver and get some tinted windows and stay as far away from the lime light as possible. I think she may be addicted to the attention you know?

Skinny Black Chick: I am soooo glad to hear that. Did yo see my other post from last week about Organized Religion? If not, you must go and read them. I think it will help you. Keep on coming back because I TOTALLY get what you are saying.

Icey: Yes, isn't it funny how we want to acquire wealth and be rich. However, MOST of the people who are rich have a whole different set of issues.

Anne Bradshaw: Thank you so much for your kind comments. I REALLY enjoy praying for others. I study these people. I read articles on them, I watch their reality shows, I watch ALL of the news on them so that I can get a good idea of who they are as a person. I pray and see what God wants me to write and I just go for it. My hope is that one day these poems can get in their hands.

African Girl, American World: Hola Chica. Glad you stopped by.

1969: I am glad you dropped by. Yes, we all need prayer don't we?

Tasha: I am glad you stopped by my page and blessed me with your presence. Yes, my hope is that she would get it together for her kids because they so need her. Don't be a stranger.

KimPossible

KimPossible said...

Heiress Child (Sylvia): My apologies, I totally did not see your comment first go round. Thank you so much for dropping by as you always do. I enjoy your comments. Yes, Tyra and Oprah have had repeats for the last week. Do you watch Grey's Anatomy? Keep coming by the spot. You know I will be by yours. :)

KimPossible

Anonymous said...

Yeah...I nearly fell over the first time I heard my grandmother say that (may God rest her soul). She would also say other things like, "Baby if you play with puppies, you get licked in the face" or if askin' who did something, she'd say, "If you whistle, I'll point!"

Anyway, it is entirely possible to fine peace and quiet in Orlando during the holidays...if you stay in the hotel/house/condo. It is absolutely unavailable in any of the parks...Disney or otherwise.

What a coincidence that you mentioned SC. This year I'm headed to Myrtle Beach!

Whatever you decide, blessings, fun and safety to you and your family!