12.05.2007

Prayers That Keep It Real for Keyshia Cole

Keyshia-Cole-u05.jpg

Writing Scenario: I wrote this for Keyshia Cole. I watch her reality show Keyshia Cole: "The Way It Is" faithfully each week. Her show inspired me to write this prayer for her amongst others.  This prayer may have a word or two I wouldn't normally use but it's definitely how I think Keyshia would holla at God.


Cheater: 80/20 Rule

 

Trust is huge for me. It takes me a long time to open up to anyone. But, once I give you my heart, it’s a wrap. I am loyal until the end.  I gave this dude my heart. At one point he was my every thing. I lost myself in him. I gave him all of me plus some. I thought he was the one. I knew we would be together forever or at least what seemed like forever.

 

He seemed good for me at first. We had fun together but deep down inside I knew there was something missing. I was trying to fill voids from both my mom and dad not being there, so, I ignored my inner voice. I just wanted to be loved and I let what looked like love, hold me hostage. I was having incest with false promises from a man who always took me for granted.

 

He didn’t want me. I was too simple for him. He liked to complicate things and so he went for the 80/20 rule. I pleased him 80% of the time and he had to cheat to go get that other 20%.  Now, I know he wish he had that 80 back. I stayed with his ass like a dummy. He was on that other shit. It’s all good, because he helped me turn a corner in life.

 

I don’t have time for that lame mess. If you gone cheat be smart about it. Don’t tell your boy and then expect it not to get back at me. Your weak ass thought you were doing something. You thought you could have your cake and eat it to. Naw boo, I ain’t the one. You actually helped me get stronger and get my power back. I got that check in the mail and got up out of there and ain’t looked back since.

 

So, I want to shout you out for being lame. I want to shout you out for thinking getting cocky and bragging about how you cheated on me. I want to shout you out for telling your boy that you cheated because it got right back to me. I want to shout you out for cheating because it was my ticket out of a messed up relationship. I want to shout you out  for showing me that you were to weak and really couldn’t take me no where in life.  I want to shout you out for trying to have your cake and eat it to. That check came in the mail and I gave you the deuces and ain’t looked back since.

 

Cheater, thanks for giving me my power back.

Love Keyshia  

COPYWRITTEN 2007 

5 comments:

Nikita T. Mitchell said...

hey, this is not related to your post. I was reading the comment you left in Bklyn's Finest's comment box. I was very moved by it. People such as yourself keep reminding me that its the little steps one takes everyday that makes a difference.

Rich Fitzgerald said...

Whatup Kim, where you been hiding. I'm still waiting on you so we can blow up the spot. Holla at your boy.

Rich Fitzgerald said...

Oh, interesting "prayer". That was the first one I read. Not what I was expecting, but I liked it anyway.

KimPossible said...

Mademoiselle: Thank you for dropping by my spot. It was good to hear from you. I am glad to know that my writing is inspiring others. Keep in touch.

Mega Rich: Okay, yes, I have been pretty low key this week. I have been coming by your spot to see if you posted anything new but I didn't see anything new. Yes, let's catch up tonight. Get at your girl!

Yes, for some reason the prayers I wrote for Keyshia, none of them came out how I thought they would. Interesting voice huh?

Thanks for dropping by the spot as usual.

KimPossible

Anonymous said...

It was always your power. Thank God you decided to use it.